Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright
Hi,

Yeah, thats much better tonally now, a good effort there.

The vocals are ok for me I think, but I hear what you mean about the brightness. You could experiment with rolling off just a hair of top end, or maybe just try lowering the volume a half db - that might just get it sitting as you want with the band perhaps.

The issue with the solo at the start - I think is the transient of the pick, and it is maybe clashing a little with the transient of the pick of the guitar that is panned to the right. Not sure if clashes with any hi-hats also... can't tell really... I think it's just the guitars. You might be able to reduce that attack of the solo with compression, or may be just rolling off a little top end may do the trick. Or both? Not sure if that is it, but that is where I would start looking anyway.

- Try muting the solo and the guitar on the right in turn also, see if that helps you pinpoint the issue.

I think some bass notes are still poking out a bit louder than others maybe, might be worth sticking a multiband comp, waves C6 or so just on the low end (150Hz and below) knocking off a couple of db perhaps?

Well, those are my thoughts, hopefully there might be something of use there.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mikej - 28-04-2021, 02:52 PM
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mikej - 30-04-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mikej - 30-04-2021, 07:39 PM
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mikej - 03-05-2021, 05:22 PM
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mikej - 03-05-2021, 09:38 PM