Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mikes sulking - voelund
Misinterpretin a titel can sometimes lead to somethin actually fittin the song.
I dont have english as my native tongue, and somehow I understood the sulking as that vehicle poor people transport richer people in in asia, and i imagined this sulky driver wantin to get awat from his hard life, and i thought, lets add an asian crowd, and the bucycles fitted beautifully with the rhythm as did the whistlin with the mood ...

When I found out what it meant I thought, what the ... if it sounds good its cool.

For the production, i just thinned drums a bit, compressed snare and gave kick a treatment i recently found cool, a pultec au both boostin and cuttin at 60 hz.

i gave the guitars difrent treatment and a lot o automation and same with vocal.

listenin on my auratone wannabe speakers i find the vocal and snare a bit too loud, suggestin my mono "ghost" between my main speakers isnt that stable, meanin my speakers are too wide, too close or dont stand as they should ...

or maybe im just tired from listnin.

give it a try, its quite a diffrent approach than other mixes ive heard, and turn it up, if you like guitar, he doesnt play bad Big Grin

.mp3    Mikes sulking 03 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 6.52 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order

Messages In This Thread
Mikes sulking - voelund - by Voelund - 09-10-2013, 09:06 PM
RE: Mikes sulking - voelund - by Voelund - 09-10-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: Mikes sulking - voelund - by flyrecords - 09-10-2013, 09:36 PM
RE: Mikes sulking - voelund - by Voelund - 09-10-2013, 10:06 PM
RE: Mikes sulking - voelund - by flyrecords - 10-10-2013, 12:40 AM
RE: Mikes sulking - voelund - by TChianit - 10-10-2013, 11:38 AM
RE: Mikes sulking - voelund - by Voelund - 10-10-2013, 12:29 PM
RE: Mikes sulking - voelund - by Stanley Red - 04-01-2015, 06:37 PM