Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Rides - Burning Bridges [Andrey Benassi Mix]
The easiest way would be to make the change at the source, not in the mix. If you use Superior Drummers 3, Trigger or SSD 5, just choose 2 kickdrums on your drum setup and eventually make changes to the midi file so both kicks will be triggered. I think that's the easiest way to get a more "realistic" doublebass drum sound without fiddling with reverb and other settings or moving the kick slighlty off center. I think I went against the idea of having a double bass kickdrum setup in the original mix because Superior Drummer automatically chooses slightly different kick samples for each hit. Also, the midi velocity for the kick isn't the same throughout the song, but varies on each hit (from what I remember) so every kick hit should already sound slightly different.

So I disagree with the assumption that this mix sounds good because of a "trick". It sounds good because the basics are all in place (overall balance) and there are plenty of tasteful mixing decisions that are in line with everything I expect from this genre.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Rides - Burning Bridges [Pro Mixer] - by Blitzzz - 26-03-2021, 03:22 PM