Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Rides - Burning Bridges [Andrey Benassi Mix]
(24-03-2021, 05:01 PM)supep Wrote: Buff, I hate you hahahahaha
This incredible song sounds really really good. The unique thing that maybe I could change, is automate the air on kick when the songs stops and plays with the bass. Maybe a bit less on 8Khz aprox sounds less "metal".
Just now I'm starting to work on this song and your mix can be a good candidate to use as a reference Wink
I'm really interested to know how you implemented the trick on kick. Can you put light on this, please???
Cheers!
Thanks my friend!!!

I'm thinking to not go back to the mix at this point, but I'm really appreciate your feedback. Automation like that in that style I think it's a really gaming changing tool, you absolutely right about the kick part! I would change it!

The kick trick I don't know how much clear I can expain, looks like it's complicated, but it's not.

I used my library of drum samples in this mix, but it have just one kick sampled and not two different kicks sounding almost the same, that actually happen when people play with 2 bass drums.

The thing is to make "fake drums" sound like real drums, but it's nice to talk about that generally engineers do sample metal drums because it gives some consistency that's almost impossible with real drums with no samples.

The kick trick is that you will use just one sample, but you would separate them as two, when the drums plays it fast, you need to split it in two channels one channel per note, 16th note like 8 notes for each side.

When you separate it, you need to make some ajustments to make it sound different and realistic double bass drums, it actually is:
1 - Pan the two, a bit to the sides, like 8, 10%, one to the left one to the right.
2 - You detune one a bit, soo it sounds different.
3 - You add some small room reverb to add some stereo enhancement, space... But be careful, low end can be messed up if you give the reverb to much lenght or too much low end in it, it's just to feel up the space and make it realistic.

It's nice to experiment!
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Rides - Burning Bridges [Pro Mixer] - by andreybenassi - 25-03-2021, 02:38 PM