Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Rides - Burning Bridges [Andrey Benassi Mix]
(16-03-2021, 11:27 AM)Blitzzz Wrote: Really good mix. There are some small musical details missing that deserve a place in the spotlight (mainly tom/snare fills) and the synchronously played doublebass / guitar / bass part in the chorus doesn't really kick as hard as it should. But those things are easily fixed.

Your mix reminds me of In Flames and other Scandinavian metal bands, and I have heard a lot of mixes on this forum trying the same thing and failing miserably. This is one of the few mixes where it actually worked out well.

It seems like the 1st chorus is a bit louder than the verse. Is there an increase in volume or did you just spread out the guitars a bit more?

I´m also curious of your mix of Hammer Down, which adds a lot more elements to the mix (synths, crazy solos, even crazier drumming) and is probably the best song we have ever written together. Also, you have Dirk Verbeuren from Megadeth / Soilwork playing the drums on that song, bringing it to another level.
That's a really nice feedback! Are you from the band?

I did automation trought the song to make it pop a bit more, it's nice that you hear but maybe I could do it more smootly?

Thanks for the feedback, I think today I will do some small ajustments with that things you mentioned in mind, for surely will sound better!

Cheers!
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Rides - Burning Bridges [Pro Mixer] - by andreybenassi - 16-03-2021, 12:53 PM