Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan Evans Trio - I'm Coming Home
I’m not familiar with the song but it feels like it comes in abruptly. I’m betting that’s pretty much how the mulittracks were to begin with.

I like it. It’s got a bit of grit but I like that.

The vocal feels like it’s almost too much just another element of the rest of the band. I’d like it to float on top of every thing more. Maybe if it were a little thinner it’d ‘subtract’ itself from the the instruments and be the focus for the song. It’s very much got a ‘dynamic’ mic quality. At least in the actual singing parts. The vocal interjections could step back, I suppose.

The guitar solo could be more in the for front. It feels static. It needs the spotlight.

Overall it’s a little thick. Which works for the song but the lower mids are a little blurry between the bass and organ and body of the vocal etc. Making some room in that area could help. I feel like that’s more in the mix than in mastering.

I dunno. It’s a bit hard to say, not knowing the tracks themselves. It still sounds good and works. I wish it could ‘breathe’ and be more open.

E: I downloaded and messed about with this one. It's a toughy. The guitar mics were out of phase! (If i remember correctly) You did a better job with it than I could. I still stand by all my notes but I see how they'd be somewhat more difficult to do.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.

Messages In This Thread
Alan Evans Trio - I'm Coming Home - by mikej - 12-03-2021, 04:11 PM
RE: Alan Evans Trio - I'm Coming Home - by Roy - 12-03-2021, 04:29 PM
RE: Alan Evans Trio - I'm Coming Home - by mikej - 13-03-2021, 06:22 PM
RE: Alan Evans Trio - I'm Coming Home - by Roy - 13-03-2021, 07:31 PM
RE: Alan Evans Trio - I'm Coming Home - by mikej - 14-03-2021, 09:35 PM
RE: Alan Evans Trio - I'm Coming Home - by Roy - 14-03-2021, 09:37 PM
RE: Alan Evans Trio - I'm Coming Home - by mikej - 14-03-2021, 09:54 PM