Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blues Bastards - Lights Out
Hi!

Really nice update! The phaser sounds pretty good there too.

Not sure if the preview mix is one of Mike's, I think it is the bands mix (drummer?) from reading the bandcamp page, but I don't know for sure. They do post on here occasionally. I do really like the preview mix a lot, I think it's a great mix.

Back to your reworked version. Yeah the tones are much better. I do feel the vocals are getting a little lost at times maybe though, especially around the 1:32 mark? I would maybe think about raising the level of the vocals up overall in the mix to balance out with the drums. Not sure if the drums would then need to come back a hair, but I do really like the punch.

One thing I realise I forgot to mention with the guitars is that you can also try a little eq bump somewhere around 1-3k, depending on taste and the sound you are going for. If you eq around there with the whole mix going, I find that sometimes you can find a spot around there that just lifts and brings the guitars forward in the mix a little and gives a bit of energy in the midrange. I think that some people cut guitars at 1k or 2k or whatever, but for me I find often a little boost helps, I don't profess to be any sort of expert though, just something I think might be worth trying maybe.

Anyway, just my thoughts - not sure if they help or not... A good effort so far.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Blues Bastards - Lights Out - by raphcath - 23-02-2021, 12:40 PM
RE: Blues Bastards - Lights Out - by mikej - 23-02-2021, 09:08 PM
RE: Blues Bastards - Lights Out - by raphcath - 25-02-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Blues Bastards - Lights Out - by mikej - 25-02-2021, 06:23 PM
RE: Blues Bastards - Lights Out - by raphcath - 07-03-2021, 09:07 PM
RE: Blues Bastards - Lights Out - by mikej - 07-03-2021, 09:17 PM
RE: Blues Bastards - Lights Out - by Shul - 08-03-2021, 06:55 AM