Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruks - Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova (Hein-Ivan Mix)
(23-08-2020, 12:57 PM)heinim Wrote: I like the production on this one and fun to mix. Thanks for listening!
Hi Heinim,

It's a nice mix. 

My comments:
- The lead vocal could do with some kind of delay effect to liven up the top end. It sounds like there is reverb applied, but the vocal is still sitting very much at the front with not much high frequency excitement. It does sit nicely within the instruments though.
-Piano could do with automating fader rides to bring out some nice melodic passages, for instance at 1:10.
- There are guitar riffs in the verses that fit around the vocal, and at other places in the song (guitar 2). These can be automated to raise their level and kind of "pop" out of the gaps between vocal lines. Guitar solo is similarly quite buried as it's a thick sound - you can boost the top end in this section and raise its level.

Great job! I just feel fader automation will really help liven up the arrangement by letting certain elements shine at the appropriate time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bruks - Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova (Hein-Ivan Mix) - by jlawford - 24-02-2021, 12:09 PM