Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'A Sailor Once More' FINAL
(11-02-2021, 04:52 AM)401kBC Wrote: Sure, bro. Sometimes it is hard to keep perspective when we're focusing intensely, perhaps even obsessively, to the little things. But that's a natural thing to do. With time and practice we will move in and out easily. Not too long ago I have known to hammer out complete craps. But I kept on going, not a lot of choice here Smile, inspired by Churchill who said, "When you're going thru Hell, keep going!" I kept on pressing the compressor/EQ until I hear what it does to my sounds till the sounds become familiar. That's how I practice. And a lot of reading. I still believe in the power of the written words. They have served me well over the years.

The release on the strumming guitar should be around ~58ms or a bit shorter, but not any longer. The pros keep saying that "you should time the release to the beat of the song" or as closely as possible. The strumming sound like they are on the 32nd note. Letting the release off the pedal there should let it bounce back in time. I have 2 compressor on it barely hitting 1.5dBs each, very gentle. both have release ~58ms (32nd note). You can listen back to it and see.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brennon Causey Mixing - 'A Sailor Once More' FINAL - by SonicTramp - 11-02-2021, 06:37 AM