Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Glen McPhee - A Sailor Once More
Many thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.

I've added a small revision, mix 1.0.

-I like the acoustic guitars and feel they are really the backbone of this track. The rhythm and dynamics of them really drives the song along, which is why I maybe had them perhaps a little too upfront in the mix. I also used them to build the long term dynamic of the track too, hence the automation. I don't feel the automation at the start being noticeable is a problem as such, bit of impact for the intro, then thin things out a bit for the verse so I can build things up as the song progresses. I have dropped them back a bit in the revision.

-I agree the vocals need more work. I've brightened up the vocals a touch, and made them less wide. It was a bit of a mistake to have wide vocals along with a wide track for this. Hopefully that helps a little with the 'mix could to be wider' and 'the mix is too wide' comments.

-Yeah the electric guitar is really nice. It reminded me a little of the way Paul Frankin expertly weaves his steel guitar throughout a song, so I tried to give it that kind of a feel.

-Thanks for the comment regarding the mastering. I don't master as such, but I have been spending a lot more time working at the mix bus processing for a while now, so maybe it's starting to pay off a a little bit.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Glen McPhee - A Sailor Once More - by mikej - 06-02-2021, 07:05 PM
RE: Glen McPhee - A Sailor Once More - by 401kBC - 07-02-2021, 02:30 AM
RE: Glen McPhee - A Sailor Once More - by mikej - 08-02-2021, 07:13 PM