Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Glen McPhee - A Sailor Once More
Sounds good. A couple things I notice: I think the guitar (strumming) is a bit loud (making your mix bright and somewhat brittle) when there is no vocal. I hear it ducks when the vocal comes in (easiest to hear is in the beginning when the vocal comes in. Listen to the guitar when the vocal comes in around 0:10, if that is the case, then the side chain (or automation) is a bit much (it shouldn't be that noticeable, right?). but I like the level after it ducked much better balance-wise. I like the vocal and the piano, very nice. The mix is nice but instruments in it are not clean and clear and well defined. I enjoy a mix a lot better if I can hear not just the instruments, but also the chords, notes, melodies contained within clearly as well, the holy grail to all of us. My listening skill is still somewhat sucky, so it's harder for me to hear them and make sensible assessment when the guitar gets in the way like that. After a couple passes, I also think the mix can be a bit wider too. Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
Glen McPhee - A Sailor Once More - by mikej - 06-02-2021, 07:05 PM
RE: Glen McPhee - A Sailor Once More - by SonicTramp - 07-02-2021, 01:36 AM
RE: Glen McPhee - A Sailor Once More - by 401kBC - 07-02-2021, 02:30 AM
RE: Glen McPhee - A Sailor Once More - by mikej - 08-02-2021, 07:13 PM