Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strobe - Gone (EneX version)
(16-01-2021, 10:24 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: I like your mix, man. Very fun to listen to. I like what you did on the second part of the drums, but I wish the part would blend better since the idea is there. The drums seem to stand out by themselves a little too far from the rest of the instruments, my opinion. I also like the delay works on the synths. The kick in the beginning could be a bit louder and cut thru a bit more. I think you can afford to HP it a bit more to get it out of the bass's way. Perhaps the move can help you get a bit more volume. I like the distorted guitars; they cut thru quite nicely. I also think you can afford a bit more bottom end to anchor the mix. The guitar run (2:30-) is important in that part. I think the intention is to reinforce the drum rolls, for without it the drum rolls would sound wimpy. Just my opinion. I hope you agree. Cheers!
Hello, thanks for post. 
Yeah, I agree with all you wrote, however it would work in "default" version. My attempt was to make first part chillin, not a dance music... and second half was a dance part. Well, riser could be used different, there are always many options to make mix better. For my mixes I let them sit for a week, then listen to them again and if I am not happy, I don't release... This one was release right after mixed... Also it is not mastered and in -14 LUFS, so if it would be mastered and maximized, all of these quiet parts would come up.

Messages In This Thread
Strobe - Gone (EneX version) - by EneX - 15-01-2021, 01:50 PM
RE: Strobe - Gone (EneX version) - by SonicTramp - 16-01-2021, 10:24 PM
RE: Strobe - Gone (EneX version) - by EneX - 17-01-2021, 05:37 AM
RE: Strobe - Gone (EneX version) - by SonicTramp - 17-01-2021, 08:40 PM