Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maurizio Pagnutti Sextet - All The Gin Is Gone (Hein-Ivan Mix)
(03-01-2021, 04:09 PM)jlawford Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 02:53 PM)heinim Wrote: New version!
Nice one - pretty up front sound and long reverb goes to show how we can stylistically all mix quite differently but end up with a pleasing result!

As a drummer and considering this style, I'd get more of the drum sound from the overheads maybe even tap a compressor to bring up the details. A bit too much close mic top snare and the crispiness of the snare under mic is to prominent for me.

I think the bass mic sounded more natural; it sounds like you are putting a fair amount of bass DI into the mix which does give it more mid-range focus at the expense of the warmth and air of an acoustically recorded upright.
Hi jlawford! Many thanks for the comments. I'm a drummer myself so I mixed the drums the way I felt it sounded good for this track. When it comes to overhead, I seldom do compress them since for me it's to much cymbals. I mixed the bass DI and bass mic at the same level since I felt the mic was sounding a bit too "one-note bass". Anyway a good feedback and I will take a listen to your mix later on. Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maurizio Pagnutti Sextet - All The Gin Is Gone (Hein-Ivan Mix) - by heinim - 03-01-2021, 10:53 PM