Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enda Reilly's 'Cur An Long Ag Seol' (EquilibriumMIX)
(12-11-2020, 10:04 AM)Equilibrium Wrote: Is the attached "issue" a snapshot of my mix? I have not been able to find a similar snippet.

So, you want me to spoon feed you.

The fact you didn't recognise this track should concern you. You mixed it, right?  I assumed it would be obvious. Furthermore, there are only 12 tracks, not difficult to look at the nature and timing of the events and compare.  It's not a fiddle, eh? Come on matie, don't be lazy.

This track is a major source of many of your problems. Bass, and bass energy. Got it?

The image shows AUTOMATION and it shouldn't have arrived like this!  But it did. Novices print automation for us to mix, because they don't understand mixing.  It should have been clear to you that it's unnatural. Many novice musician-producers think that adding fader rides like this helps the instrument engage. All it's doing here, however, is create excessive energy.....sub bass energy.  You've not dealt with the problem correctly.

If you compress this, as it currently stands, it will create artifacts/distortion.  And that's what it's done, all the way to the limiter.

So what are you going to do about it?  How are you also going to create, rather than hinder, micro and macro dynamics?

Incidentally,  I hate the vocal modulation effect. It's so wrong for this genre, and it's distracting. I thought you did OK with reshaping his mic response though.

The bass track is fresh in mind because I remixed it recently. And it's still a pig's ear. But at least it overcame the illusion issues the mando and acgtr present, as well as the horrnedous harmonics!!!  And I have more dynamics.  Tongue
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enda Reilly's 'Cur An Long Ag Seol' (EquilibriumMIX) - by Monk - 18-12-2020, 10:14 AM