Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Alan Mansfield & John Pritchard - Boat Ride.
(14-11-2020, 08:44 AM)MeaCulpa Wrote: Mix 2.0 is the way to go, the vibe is great, it's more controlled, less violent, you just need to bring the voice more, less reverb, less effect on it to make it clear on the center, and overall you're saturating a bit here in there on my headphone, but really nice mix!
Thanks.  Yeah I agree with you 100% with your mix comments.  I would normally revisit to polish it up a bit, but I decided t go more in the direction of the first mix with my third attempt, having listened back to my first two mixes and thinking about it for a bit. 

It's really difficult as there are so many nice guitar parts in the session, but in the end I felt that the more straight ahead drums and guitar riff blasting all the way through was the right way to go with this one.

I'll have to go back and revist mix 2 though and see if I can polish it up a bit.  The tone of the intro guitar figure needs a bit of work too I feel.  I seem to have ended up with a few mixes recently that could do with a bit of work (as opposed to my usual complete basket cases Big Grin).

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alan Mansfield & John Pritchard - Boat Ride. - by mikej - 15-11-2020, 05:31 PM