Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cage In a Cave
Mike and Alan have pretty much said it all already. When it comes to posting here I just honestly get fatigued and it's hard to get the motivation to critique mixes very often. I wish I could post more but it's not that easy to give anything back of any weight. It's not a very active place. A lot of people just kind of come and go and post when they can. Which is fine. Any feedback is valuable.

Anyway, I've been taking a break but I'll give my 2 cents. Overall it sounds good. I like the delay on Intro Guitar but the effect might be relatively loud and blurs the rhythm. The Drums and Bass sound pretty good. Nothing really jumps out at me to complain about. I'm not a fan of the panned vocal in the first verse. It just feels too small. I know it's something you heard in your head but maybe that idea can be reworked and translate a bit better to suit the song. The second verse guitars might be a little loud. Maybe less delay on the vocals in the second chorus. The level is ok but maybe pick and choose where it comes in and out. Same for the bridge. I like delay but it's just a bit, everywhere. Consider using it as an accent. Bridge guitars maybe could come back a bit too.

Hope that helps. Listen to other mixes on here of any song. Ask questions. If something moves you, good or bad, leave a comment. You may be relatively new but if something jumps out at you it's valid. Just don't be a jerk like me.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.

Messages In This Thread
Cage In a Cave - by WiebeDA - 08-11-2020, 05:31 AM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by WiebeDA - 10-11-2020, 03:15 AM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by takka360 - 11-11-2020, 11:22 PM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by mikej - 12-11-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by Roy - 12-11-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by mikej - 12-11-2020, 08:29 PM