Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cage In a Cave
Hi!

Sure, it can be a bit hit and miss regarding getting feedback, etc, for many reasons. One being the huge number of sessions that are available here to mix. Yes, the more recent sessions are more popular and get a bit more traffic for a month or so, but it really does depend on so many factors.

Probably 30+ of my mixes on here have no comments, if that makes you feel any better Smile. Mostly probably for the best in a lot of cases too. Whatever happens, I'm getting lots of practice in and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, trying new things, reading up and researching stuff, etc. Mostly finding what doesn't work...

My advice would be to stick at it. Work on and post a few mixes, comment on a few mixes, etc, see what happens. Give it a bit of time.

There's a few that post on here that are truly expert at this particular genre who check in from time to time, and their comments and mix tips are invaluable. People that have been generous enough to provide their band's tracks too. It's well worth reading through the comments on some of the other mixes, and checking out the comments and mix tips too.

Not checked them for a while but I think my attempts at mixing a few tracks from this genre are mostly really quite terrible. I learned a huge amount from tackling them (and failing) though. I really must give them another try soon.

This is partly why I feel I cannot really offer any reasonable critique right now. It's also a little late here and my ears are a bit tired. I know that doesn't really help you with your mix, but thought a little insight might help a little here. I'll try and check it out and do my best to post few thoughts on the mix tomorrow if I can, all the same.

Hopefully you might pick up a few comments in the mean time.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Cage In a Cave - by WiebeDA - 08-11-2020, 05:31 AM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by WiebeDA - 10-11-2020, 03:15 AM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by takka360 - 11-11-2020, 11:22 PM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by mikej - 12-11-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by Roy - 12-11-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by mikej - 12-11-2020, 08:29 PM