Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Alan Mansfield & John Pritchard - Boat Ride.
Hi,

Thanks.

Today, I'm feeling it is a bit too up front and pushed though, and a lot of detail is getting lost in there perhaps?

I've just started on another version using the alternative drum kit. I'm going to see if I can do a more natural and open mix. Let it breath a bit, and get the detail out of the guitars and bg vocals, etc, to try and do the track a bit more justice.

The tracks are really well recorded and played. I really like the arrangement too - especially the way the chorus gets bigger each time without having to do anything in the mix as such to get it to build. The songwriting is good too. The subject matter wasn't at all what I expected when I saw the song title.

I can hear loads of different influences in this. Perhaps a bit of Doors, Lou Reed, Neil Young, etc? Seems you could mix this any way from classic to modern rock. I also get that Mark Knopfler or similar feel I think - it's got that great story telling quality to it anyway.

Anyway, I'm going to give it another go. Certainly plenty of options with the tracks available in the session.

Thanks for sharing. You've got quite some talent there.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alan Mansfield & John Pritchard - Boat Ride. - by mikej - 04-11-2020, 04:04 PM