Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephano Petrocca - Foundation (Hein-Ivan Mix)
(08-10-2020, 04:04 PM)heinim Wrote: A cool song and fun to mix. Thanks for listening!
Hello! It turned out very well! But there are moments that caught my eye right away. Narrow stereo base and instruments are close in the center. I would also advise to separate them a little from each other. Another thing that immediately struck me was that all the instruments have a lot of reverberation, so the ear cannot understand which instruments are in the foreground and which are in the far. I advise you to listen to the reference more carefully. And the last thing I probably want to hear in this mix. The song is made in such a way that you want to dance to it. (Style is such) That in this style the bass and kick are very important. It seems to me that now there is no groove in the song. Kick and bass by themselves and do not carry any semantic load. Although on jazz bass fedender plays incredibly cool and I want to emphasize this. My recommendations: 1) make the bass in the mix more significant, add loudness or more compression. Here you have to listen. I don't know what kind of device is on it.
2) Add low frequencies to the kick and make it louder. Make it softer and more sweeping (Try not to add high frequencies, as it will add reverb, which is not recommended.)
3) Get rid of the reverberation on the snare drum. It starts to sound somewhere far away and only adds more turbidity to the mix.
Perhaps there are other points that you want to revise, but these are currently some of the most important that should be changed.
I hope my recommendations will help make the mix better!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephano Petrocca - Foundation (Hein-Ivan Mix) - by JunglestateUnion - 08-10-2020, 05:36 PM