Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember Jones: 'Don't Put Me On Hold'
Hi!

Nice mix I think overall.

Couple of maybe minor things -

(The better the mix, the more picky the things that stick out are going to be I think, right?)

I think the snare is a bit too upfront for me and takes away a bit of space for the vocal I feel, but that is probably just be my taste to be honest more than anything really.

Not sure if my mix of this is particularly bright and clean and I am just used to that - which is a problem when trying to critique other's mixes - I feel there is something that is just a little bit 'wooly' sounding about this. Not sure it is a frequency balance thing as such (bass has some 60Hz and below maybe, but don't think that is it), maybe some saturation or a tape plugin or something. Could be the low end of a reverb return or similar, or possibly some noise that is being gained up by compression. Like a breathy sort of noise sound in the background - I think you can hear it clearly around the 3 minute mark - something around the 700Hz ish or so area? Might be compressed bleed from a BV mic or something perhaps? I notice it more in that last quarter of the mix I think. Don't know why but it bothers me a little, not sure any one would notice it though really.

Anyway - as I mentioned I think it's a good mix overall and just noticed those couple of minor things. Just my thoughts anyway, hope that's ok!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember Jones: 'Don't Put Me On Hold' - by mikej - 06-09-2020, 08:39 PM