Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North To Alaska: 'All The Same'
(23-08-2020, 10:56 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Great mix - enjoyed listening to this - and also your vision for the track. 

Really like the shape of the guitars and the drums/bass/vocals at the 41 sec mark, and the dynamics.  Kind of what I was trying for but didn't quite achieve.  Nice to hear what is possible and have something to aim for.  Certainly given me some ideas anyway. 

Drums sound great up front at 1:30 ish.  Thought the vocals maybe lost a bit too much clarity at the 1:40 mark, but I'm also guessing that was a creative choice.  Nice dynamic between sections too. 

Great job fitting in that guitar solo thing at the end too, you got it working really well.  I ended up deleting the last bit of it I think.

Just out of curiosity, which eq's were you using (guitar), if you don't mind me asking.  I guess I'm really asking how much neve console this mix is I suppose.

Cheers!
Hello! Thanks for taking the time to listen to my mix. As for the console itself, I did some of the work on the console, but most of the work I did in the editor, as I like a number of plugins:
API 550B
Transient shaper
PuigTec EQP1A
SPL MK2-T Vitalizer
PSP Vintage Warmer 2.

Maag eq 4.
For the guitars, I used a CLA 3A compressor and an API 550B equalizer.
I also used a DI guitar amp from Brainworx rockrack.
I hope I could help you! If you have any questions, ask, I will answer.
PS: I listened to your mix, I was curious! If you are ready to discuss your mix, write.

Messages In This Thread
RE: North To Alaska: 'All The Same' - by mikej - 23-08-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: North To Alaska: 'All The Same' - by JunglestateUnion - 03-09-2020, 11:35 AM
RE: North To Alaska: 'All The Same' - by mikej - 04-09-2020, 08:34 PM
RE: North To Alaska: 'All The Same' - by mikej - 07-09-2020, 03:10 PM