Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy Tiger mik123
Hi!

My mix!

Sidechain on everything! Big Grin

Thanks for listening!

.mp3    Easy Tiger mik123 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.7 MB)

This is really good, dude. Nice, relaxed groove, stereo image is really cool, good balance, great vocals (although they could be a teeny bit more up-front for your vision I think).

I think the vocals may have a bit too much ambience... possibly on the entire mix. Again, I base this on your mix.. some of the others have more ambience but they're mixed differently. Maybe a little too much bass in the sides, but I'm not fussing.

Really cool, thanks for sharing.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(19-10-2014, 02:31 AM)pauli Wrote: This is really good, dude. Nice, relaxed groove, stereo image is really cool, good balance, great vocals (although they could be a teeny bit more up-front for your vision I think).

I think the vocals may have a bit too much ambience... possibly on the entire mix. Again, I base this on your mix.. some of the others have more ambience but they're mixed differently. Maybe a little too much bass in the sides, but I'm not fussing.

Really cool, thanks for sharing.

Thanks! Cool
I like your version of this song !
Good job Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

hi dude,

good listening. something you might like to think about is your spectral balance over the stereo panorama. in headphones if there's more bass in one channel than the other it can be a distraction, especially if the instrument is running for a period of time....the longer the period the more troublesome it can become. a good symmetrical mix will have instruments spectrally balanced on both channels but not all musical arrangements are mixer friendly which can make things challenging.

bass is omnidirectional so panning bass stuff just puts more strain on one of the speakers and can lead to distortion and loss of clarity in the mid range. if i have an instrument with a bass element and i need to pan it somewhere other than central, i will force the low-end of it's spectrum to only run down the middle, but it needs care - check how it sounds on headphones.

google Tone Projects TP Basslane Wink
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!
(29-10-2014, 12:41 PM)The_Metallurgist Wrote: hi dude,

good listening. something you might like to think about is your spectral balance over the stereo panorama. in headphones if there's more bass in one channel than the other it can be a distraction, especially if the instrument is running for a period of time....the longer the period the more troublesome it can become. a good symmetrical mix will have instruments spectrally balanced on both channels but not all musical arrangements are mixer friendly which can make things challenging.

bass is omnidirectional so panning bass stuff just puts more strain on one of the speakers and can lead to distortion and loss of clarity in the mid range. if i have an instrument with a bass element and i need to pan it somewhere other than central, i will force the low-end of it's spectrum to only run down the middle, but it needs care - check how it sounds on headphones.

google Tone Projects TP Basslane Wink

Hi!

Thanks for comments!

I am grateful for them!

I agree with you about low end and panorama!

I must check my mixes with headphones! Big Grin

Google translate!