Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MEW MIX.Triviul Angelsaint
Hi this is my mix and master of the song.Please can you comment? Let me know what you think and what i can improve.

Thanks

.mp3    TRIVIUL ANGELSAINT.mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.45 MB)

Glad you've not tried to smooth off the edges of the reedy-sounding string recordings too much here. Not a bad idea to feature the sequenced synth more in the choruses as well, as the preview mix is a probably a bit too stark in this respect.

I initially wondered whether the kick might be too pillowy, but you convinced me it was right by the time the first chorus hit -- it's not what I'd have chosen, but I think it works in its own right nonetheless.

I wonder whether you might have missed a few tricks in terms of vocal effects. I heard the odd delay spin, but it wasn't really very audible, and I there's plenty of space for more obvious sounds here I reckon.

The backing vocals feel a bit low in the choruses, given that they're carrying a part of the lead lyrics -- especially in mono.

The viola solo is interesting to hear without the distortion of the preview mix, but that section as a whole now feels a bit as if it's missing something. It might also be because you've chosen to balance the SFX tracks lower in general.

Nice ending too! Smile The best I've heard so far in that respect, in fact, I think.
(14-11-2012, 02:08 PM)Mike Senior Wrote: Glad you've not tried to smooth off the edges of the reedy-sounding string recordings too much here. Not a bad idea to feature the sequenced synth more in the choruses as well, as the preview mix is a probably a bit too stark in this respect.

I initially wondered whether the kick might be too pillowy, but you convinced me it was right by the time the first chorus hit -- it's not what I'd have chosen, but I think it works in its own right nonetheless.

I wonder whether you might have missed a few tricks in terms of vocal effects. I heard the odd delay spin, but it wasn't really very audible, and I there's plenty of space for more obvious sounds here I reckon.

The backing vocals feel a bit low in the choruses, given that they're carrying a part of the lead lyrics -- especially in mono.

The viola solo is interesting to hear without the distortion of the preview mix, but that section as a whole now feels a bit as if it's missing something. It might also be because you've chosen to balance the SFX tracks lower in general.

Nice ending too! Smile The best I've heard so far in that respect, in fact, I think.
Thank you for your comment.

Nice mix mate,
I like how the sequenced synths sit nicely against/with the main vocal, actually in the context of all the parts.

Good good Wink

Juraj
I like the overall concept. I especially like the way the backing Vocal sits with the main in the Chorus. The Background vocals sit well too. Very clear, audible, and sis in their own space.

The drums seem a bit "Puffy" Maybe the wrong choice of fx or increase in the the wrong frequency.
I think I agree with the others on the bass drum being too round - but that may be what holds the starkness of the violins in check. I do think that the High Hat is a bit sharp and I'd tame it a little bit. Your background vocals are fantastic! Really well done. I think that you have a great overall balance and everything is very clear, while filling in together well. Good show!
This is my favourite mix so far Smile

Hi-hat sounds fine to me, and I like the "pillowy" kick. I think the delay synth is a bit loud, but I seem to be in the minority thinking it's best as background interest. I think from a composing/arranging viewpoint it confuses the chorus when it's too up-front.