Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Timeless Part 1' Mix
Now this one was really tough. I wasn't really sure what the guitar tone was supposed to be since I only had DI tracks, but I made my best guess. I did some melodyning on the vocals too. 
Hope you enjoy!  Big Grin

.mp3    MekaPhil_TimelessPart1_v1 (6.22.22).mp3 --  (Download: 9.74 MB)

Thank you for your mix! Sorry that I'm a year on in getting to critiquing it, but I hope to lend my ears to this one.

Observations:
1) I love the vocal mix and how punchy the track is! It's very fun and high energy, which is exactly what we envisioned!
2) The harmonies are super unique in your mix, especially of the chorus.
3) YOOOO that filtering is gold. Post chorus filtering like that is exactly the kind of thing we should have done from the beginning! I'm stealing that for future tracks we work on!
4) The bridge verb on the vocals is STUNNING and perfect. I adore it!
5) I like the solo tone a lot, this is one of the funnest solos I've ever played and it's got a very playful feel to it.
6) Great guitar tones overall, honestly. Same with the drums.

Critiques:
1) The harmonies could come down a bit during the chorus to focus on the main vocal line
2) The whole thing feels very compressed, and I feel like if it had a bit more room to breathe it wouldn't be as fatiguing on the ears as it is
3) Maybe there's a bit too much going on in the upper midrange? The guitar tones and drum's cymbals tend to step on the vocals a bit at times.

Overall, I like your mix a lot and really enjoyed hearing it! I hope to hear more from you in the future Big Grin