Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strobe - Gone
My attempt. Thanks for listening!

.mp3    Strobe - Gone [roan].mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

Very good mix. I like it. The only thing I can say is the distorted voice, either via parallel or on the insert itself is not blended in well enough, especially in the beginning where the voice is most clear. I think I can still hear the scratchy hi-mid dominate the vocal instead of hiding behind it. When it gets to the busier parts the vocal becomes much nicer. The bass synth is super nice but i think you can push it back a bit farther to the back. I think it will still be strong enough to hold the mix up. I also think by pushing the bass back you might even open up the mix wider some more. I still like it even if you just leave it be. Cheers!
(01-02-2021, 06:33 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Very good mix. I like it. The only thing I can say is the distorted voice, either via parallel or on the insert itself is not blended in well enough, especially in the beginning where the voice is most clear. I think I can still hear the scratchy hi-mid dominate the vocal instead of hiding behind it. When it gets to the busier parts the vocal becomes much nicer. The bass synth is super nice but i think you can push it back a bit farther to the back. I think it will still be strong enough to hold the mix up. I also think by pushing the bass back you might even open up the mix wider some more. I still like it even if you just leave it be. Cheers!
Thanks for the feedback! Have listen to the mix and you are right about the distorted voice and the bass could probably have been lower in some parts of the song.