Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help on vocals
Hey, first timer here. i'm having problems with the vocals, as in:
verse vocals sounding fuller being in a slightly lower register, then becoming really small in the choruses. automating the volume seems to have little to no impact on how they translate, so i was thinking about processing them separately and gain stage them accordingly.

The mix is almost there, maybe some adjustment needs to be done, but the vocals are really putting me off

Thanks in advance for giving it a listen/some feedback  Big Grin

.mp3    BLACKCROWNCAGE.mp3 --  (Download: 12.3 MB)

Speaking strictly to the vocals, I'd say, yeah try separating the versa and chorus vocals to make processing easier. Keep an eye on any compression you might be using. If he pushes in the chorus it might hit the compressor harder and bring the vocal back in the mix.

Also I think you can use more of the Double Track Vocals to create a bigger chorus.

The music bed in the mix you posted sounds pretty good. The vocals are fairly loud and dry so it's a little tricky to get a sense of them how they actually sit.
(02-09-2020, 02:12 PM)RoyM Wrote: Speaking strictly to the vocals, I'd say, yeah try separating the versa and chorus vocals to make processing easier. Keep an eye on any compression you might be using. If he pushes in the chorus it might hit the compressor harder and bring the vocal back in the mix.

yeeah, it was a problem related to the compression in the end, now i'm gonna post a V2 just for "archival interest", but with some revisions it sound definitely better than the first one

(02-09-2020, 02:12 PM)RoyM Wrote: The music bed in the mix you posted sounds pretty good. The vocals are fairly loud and dry so it's a little tricky to get a sense of them how they actually sit.

well, thanks alot!  Big Grin

.mp3    BLACKCROWNCAGE_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.34 MB)