Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cage
Avid S6L-48D
Waves Mercury Bundle
Adam A77XA&B
Adam Sub15

.mp3    Cage Edit.mp3 --  (Download: 9.6 MB)

Hi!

Straight away with this mix I notice the drums (also intro guitar, and guitar around 1:55-ish for example) have a bit of a hard edge to them I don't like - perhaps a bit overcompressed and limited, or some other processing? Not sure, but it does bother me a bit through the whole mix. 

Might just be me though, but there we go.  Mildly curious to know what you are using there anyway, out of interest.

Aside from that, I really like the rest of the mix, nicely balanced and I really like the background vocals around the 2:00 mark. 

Quite suprised how long and present the vocal reveb seems especially around the 3:55 mark.  I'm not calling this out as an issue, I just found it interesting and pretty cool - it works really well and also fills in the space in the mix there too.

Not sure if this helps any, but those are my thoughts after a few listens.  Pretty good mix, aside from the drums thing, which might just be me I guess, dunno!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!