Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistrusted - Polemic v1
Any feedback is welcome, thanks!

.wav    Mistrusted - Polemic v1.wav --  (Download: 37.1 MB)

There's more bottom than on my master (I've always thought looking back to the digital release I wished I had gave the bass another pass through the Pultec... Fixed it on the CD release though), but might be because it's waaaay louder, what measurement did it say?
(09-05-2020, 03:16 PM)chriswilson83 Wrote: There's more bottom than on my master (I've always thought looking back to the digital release I wished I had gave the bass another pass through the Pultec... Fixed it on the CD release though), but might be because it's waaaay louder, what measurement did it say?

Thanks for reply. Lifted low end quite a bit for that tasty thump. First used EQF 200 shelf, then BlackQ bell at 56 Hz. Yeah, it's pretty loud, couldn't achieve that raw/trashy feel without smashing limiter. Need to experiment with multi-band comp/limiter, it might be less pumpy in the end. WLM shows Momentary: -4.1 LUFS, short/long term -5-6 LUFS.
I had the volume down so I can't say how loud it is. It that significant?

Wait. Where are those whispers from? Are they in the song? Weird. And not in a good way.

Dynamically it's a bit flat.

It feels ok. The vocals get lost generally. The lead vocal processing is a bit blurry and maybe cliche. It's saying something, I think, but I can't make it out. I'm not sure what if should riot or not.

Everything seems to want to be in the upper mids/high end. I think the energy of the song could be distributed out a bit better.

It works. It's a fine mix. But if I'm honest a little pedestrian. Which doesn't suite the song thematically. I want this song to say something to me but it's hard to know what.
(11-05-2020, 12:19 AM)RoyM Wrote: I had the volume down so I can't say how loud it is. It that significant?

Wait. Where are those whispers from? Are they in the song? Weird. And not in a good way.

Dynamically it's a bit flat.

It feels ok. The vocals get lost generally. The lead vocal processing is a bit blurry and maybe cliche. It's saying something, I think, but I can't make it out. I'm not sure what if should riot or not.

Everything seems to want to be in the upper mids/high end. I think the energy of the song could be distributed out a bit better.

It works. It's a fine mix. But if I'm honest a little pedestrian. Which doesn't suite the song thematically. I want this song to say something to me but it's hard to know what.
Just to clarify, I was mastering provided mix.
Ok
(five character limit for posting)