Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My "Iron Sheik" mix...tips and corrections,please
thanks for listening to my mix (update mix)

.mp3    DCO IRON SHEIK BORCH MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 5.34 MB)

.mp3    DCO IRON SHEIK BORCH MIX_2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.34 MB)

You got very bad phase problems by the sound of it and far too much room making it sound messy and its lacking bottom end, probably because of the phase problems
you can listen my mix man.

https://soundcloud.com/muhammet-cev-k/ir...onlymy-mix
(30-09-2019, 02:45 AM)takka360 Wrote: You got very bad phase problems by the sound of it and far too much room making it sound messy and its lacking bottom end, probably because of the phase problems

Thanks for the advice but I have checked the low end and the analyzer shows that it is at the right level ...
I don't know how to apply your correction yet, but thanks again.

sorry for my english ... it's the magic of the google translator
(30-09-2019, 09:42 AM)Mammy Wrote: you can listen my mix man.

https://soundcloud.com/muhammet-cev-k/ir...onlymy-mix

thanks for comment.
Try using samples for the drums, especially in kick and snare ...
the vocals need you to make them gain staging and adjust the compressor so that it doesn't jump out of the mix.
Hi Borch, your mix sounds quite good to my ear, and (at least on my studio speakers) it seems to have good low end coming from the bass guitar. I'm not hearing anything that I could put my finger on as being phase problems, although I notice the close mics on the drums seem to have quite a bit of attack, without much low end weight and sustain.

While Alan (Takka360) is quite right that the thinness in the drums could be caused by poor phase interaction between the drum mics, it could also be the result of your particular eq choices. I think the latter is more likely, because I pulled up my own mix of this track and noticed that I hadn't done any polarity switching on the tracks as they were supplied.

I'd suggest referencing some music in this genre for the drum sounds - They need less attack and more sustain and low end weight to really reflect the style, IMO.

One other area I think this multitrack needs some work is in the vocal tuning - especially the background vocals.

Overall though, I quite like the direction you have gone in here.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
You could be right on the too much attack front
(30-09-2019, 01:53 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi Borch, your mix sounds quite good to my ear, and (at least on my studio speakers) it seems to have good low end coming from the bass guitar. I'm not hearing anything that I could put my finger on as being phase problems, although I notice the close mics on the drums seem to have quite a bit of attack, without much low end weight and sustain.

While Alan (Takka360) is quite right that the thinness in the drums could be caused by poor phase interaction between the drum mics, it could also be the result of your particular eq choices. I think the latter is more likely, because I pulled up my own mix of this track and noticed that I hadn't done any polarity switching on the tracks as they were supplied.

I'd suggest referencing some music in this genre for the drum sounds - They need less attack and more sustain and low end weight to really reflect the style, IMO.

One other area I think this multitrack needs some work is in the vocal tuning - especially the background vocals.

Overall though, I quite like the direction you have gone in here.

Thank you for clarifying my doubts ... I will review the eq in the drums and try to add more sustain