Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact-Yoshi-Mix
It is the first impression

2nd Roy & Mixinthecloud advice .ver

Thank you for listening

---Yoshi

.mp3    Contact-Yoshi-Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.39 MB)

.mp3    Contact Yoshi-Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.39 MB)

Sounds great. I think the vocal could be a little louder but I know that might throw off the drum balance because of the leakage. It is occasionally plosive on the "p"s. Like when she says 'place'. Also, I think it could use some more reverb. It's a little dry. The snare might be loud but I like it. Horns sound good.

Good work.
I would agree with Roy on the volume of the vocal. It's very close to ideal but may be a touch low yet there are places where it seems to jump up. Good work on the guitar and horns. Low end feels a touch heavy but only slightly. Something sounds odd on the toms. Over-all, a good listen, Yoshi.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi Roy & Mixinthecloud

I made the vocal a little bigger and got some luster
Small change

Thank you very much

.mp3    Contact Yoshi-Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.39 MB)

I think some of us really value dynamics and the preservation of them. However, Kat's vocal seems to be jumping around all over the place, level-wise. Either automation on the various passages or compression would help so that her performance does not come and go so much.
I also think the toms jump too much. The ensemble in your mix is sounding really good. It's just those small details which hold it back.

Another observation, though not particular to your mix, Yoshi. Has anyone recognized how the opening transient of the guitar makes it sound like the horns drop out?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]