Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zwiepack: 'Summertime'
Cool Arrangement and performance

My Mix .. I think I should have gone with a dryer side stick, but well try that the next round.

Comments welcome

Cheers
K

.mp3    Zwiepack-Summertime-01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.96 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Nice mix Kmuzic,
Lovely deal with a low end on bass. Watch out those nast 400hz on bass, personally dont like it, the problem for me was when i tried to cut it i lost some presence. I tried to pushed 700hz instead.
Another thing i'm thinking about is relation bass vs sax in terms of focus. From time to time i feel like bass takes the priority. Not sure if this is matter of balance or presence or dynamic Smile Consider that i may not know what im talking about Smile.
Anyway, this is nice mix, good dynamic control, weel done. cheers.
(14-07-2018, 10:42 AM)Lethan Wrote: Nice mix Kmuzic,
Lovely deal with a low end on bass. Watch out those nast 400hz on bass, personally dont like it, the problem for me was when i tried to cut it i lost some presence. I tried to pushed 700hz instead.
Another thing i'm thinking about is relation bass vs sax in terms of focus. From time to time i feel like bass takes the priority. Not sure if this is matter of balance or presence or dynamic Smile Consider that i may not know what im talking about Smile.
Anyway, this is nice mix, good dynamic control, weel done. cheers.

Hi Lethan

Thanks for the comments and checking it out.

Yeah I agree the focus drifts. Maybe I should have done some more automation to try and balance it out.

Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi KMuzic
Realy good sounding mix, nice... You are probably right about bass. Sometimes he gets predominant.
Realy like sax ambience. Smile What did you use on sax?
Cheers
Really nice sound listening with headphones K. Great control with the stick within the drums. Bass maybe a little inconsistent around the resonate frequency and strangely the sax seems to move slightly to the right in the stereo field when being played in the upper register. Not sure what would cause that. Great work all the same.Big Grin

(16-07-2018, 09:47 AM)Nikola Mikovic Wrote: Hi KMuzic
Realy good sounding mix, nice... You are probably right about bass. Sometimes he gets predominant.
Realy like sax ambience. Smile What did you use on sax?
Cheers

Hi Nikola
Thanks for checking it out, yes the bass needs some more work.
The only thing I did with the sax was used a J37 with a LoHass filter setting and tweaked it a hair differently on both sax tracks. Glad you liked it...it was an experiment that seemed to work out ok.
Thanks again!!
Cheers
K
(16-07-2018, 01:41 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Really nice sound listening with headphones K. Great control with the stick within the drums. Bass maybe a little inconsistent around the resonate frequency and strangely the sax seems to move slightly to the right in the stereo field when being played in the upper register. Not sure what would cause that. Great work all the same.Big Grin
Hi Dave
Thanks for checking it out!
I found the bass to be a challenge to get the tone consistant. The sax floating was kinda done on purpose, I used Track1 which is the main pair track and it floats the sax a bit, I thought it gave it a little different stereo effect without being too prominent , maybe I was wrong..lolTongue

Cheers
KSmile