Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James May: 'On The Line'
Really enjoyed mixing James's Song

Lots of automation
My conundrum was trying to feature James voice but still keep the music solid and expressive behind him. I was thinking about muting the mandolins , because it got a bit busy, but Im a mandolin freak, so I tried to feature the Chellos, but bring the mandolins in here and there to give it some flavor and make it easy to listen to.. Hope I did the song some justice

Would love some comments!!

Cheers
KSmile

.mp3    James May-On The Line-01.mp3 --  (Download: 9.73 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
It sounds very good, Kirk. You brought forward the cellos tastefully and made space for the mandolins. Good job!
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
(09-07-2018, 03:47 AM)davemcg61 Wrote: It sounds very good, Kirk. You brought forward the cellos tastefully and made space for the mandolins. Good job!
Thanks Dave

I appreciate you taking the time and having a listen. Very enjoyable song to mix!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.