Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AeternumVale
This was more fun to mix than I thought it would be.
The challenge is not snuffing out the timbre of all the individual instruments, maintaining dynamics and power and of course trying to make virtual instruments as lifelike as possible.
Feedback is welcome and wanted.

Cheers.

.mp3    AeternumVale.mp3 --  (Download: 13.97 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Hey there,

Really happy to hear you had fun with my song =)

First thought was, wow, pretty hardcore on the compression with that orchestral snare! In the orchestral part, you'll want to use some automation to bring those parts down, which will allow for the guitar melody to come through. Careful with those sound FX as well, they jump out of the mix - think of them as just subtle background layers.

What did you use for guitars? It sounds like they could have had a tad bit more gain. I have some other thoughts:

- Toms are a bit loud in the mix in comparison to the rest of the kit;
- Snare is buried except for the blast beat part, you can use automation to bring the snare up/down wherever you need it;
- I appreciate the humanization efforts, but in some areas the drums almost sound sloppy due to it, try not to go overboard with it;

I did a whole YouTube series about how I mixed and recorded this before I submitted the multitracks here - if you want, you can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...xt_z6XZ9ss
[quote='ChernobylStudios' pid='63995' dateline='1507795403']
Hey there,

Really happy to hear you had fun with my song =)

Cool, thanks for the feedback, its very appreciated.

I will remix this when I get a chance and will checkout your channel.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1