Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Roses rookie mix
Hi guys, i hope i did well with this one. Great song

.mp3    Andrew Cole - Dead Roses.mp3 --  (Download: 9.64 MB)

Hey Sike051

*You did pretty good overall.
*Balances are good except for the main voice. It's too loud especially in comparison with the girl's voice when she comes in.
*Eq needs a bit more polishing on the low end. I would say drums are a bit muddy. Perhaps you have too much volume on the room mic of the drums?
*The reverb of that guitar has a nice dreamy feel to it. I would say if that's what you were looking for you achieved it.

all in all not bad. A bit more polish on the eqing in the low end area and you have a solid mix.
(10-04-2016, 12:59 AM)Shul Wrote: Hey Sike051

*You did pretty good overall.
*Balances are good except for the main voice. It's too loud especially in comparison with the girl's voice when she comes in.
*Eq needs a bit more polishing on the low end. I would say drums are a bit muddy. Perhaps you have too much volume on the room mic of the drums?
*The reverb of that guitar has a nice dreamy feel to it. I would say if that's what you were looking for you achieved it.

all in all not bad. A bit more polish on the eqing in the low end area and you have a solid mix.

thank you for your review, hopefully i will learn for the future mixes Smile
Some interesting sounds and ideas in here. I'm not quite sure I understand your approach to the drums and the level you placed them at. The female vocal seems to be dry as a bone which does not fit with the rest of the mix. Admittedly, the vocals in this song can take some real work to get them to sound good. While the environment around the electric guitar is cool, I'm not sure it fits within your mix. It seems to be so different as to be in a different area code.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]