Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Library Preview Mix
Download the multitracks here.

.mp3    HeartOfMyHometown_Full_Preview.mp3 --  (Download: 5.27 MB)

(19-07-2019, 06:48 PM)Dogbert Wrote: Hi Mike,
You may want to check the multitracks, some tracks are out of sync.

Seems like a complete train wreck... highly unusual for Telefunken. After many hours of wasted time, found it was no match for me. Defiantly separates the pros from the amateurs!

(lucky I didn't smash my computer... aaaarrrrggg!!!)
Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
I believe all the ends of the tracks line up.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.
(26-07-2019, 03:34 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I believe all the ends of the tracks line up.

Yup -- well spotted. I've amended the multitrack files and am just re-uploading them now... I'd kind of assumed Telefunken would have checked that kind of thing, but everyone makes sync mistakes while exporting multitracks from time to time I suppose. I certainly have in the past! Smile
(19-09-2019, 09:40 AM)Mike Senior Wrote:
(26-07-2019, 03:34 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I believe all the ends of the tracks line up.

Yup -- well spotted. I've amended the multitrack files and am just re-uploading them now... I'd kind of assumed Telefunken would have checked that kind of thing, but everyone makes sync mistakes while exporting multitracks from time to time I suppose. I certainly have in the past! Smile

I think part of the “fun” is having to deal with issues like this from time to time. It’s a good learning experience for mixers. It’s rare that you’ll always get pristine tracks to work with.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.
I have done stuff that every track is out of sink.Like a jigsaw puzzle
[quote pid='87776' dateline='1568882435']
Quote:d of assumed Telefunken would have checked that kind of thing, but everyone makes sync mistakes while exporting multitracks from time to time I suppose. I certainly 
I have contacted Telefunken about the "misalignment", albeit about "Crawling back to you" from the same artist, and their response was
Quote:...It may be necessary for you to realign some of the tracks, as they are all provided as raw multitrack files....
I suspect that they used more than one recording rig and they got out of sync. (maybe)
[/quote]