Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hannes Keseberg: 'You Know Better' kapu mix
(10-12-2018, 05:09 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I just listened to Mix 3. [...]

thanks! tried to keep the melodic guitar out of the way, so went with more ambiguous sound. when the keyboards kick in, i was kind of hoping they would really 'add to the sound', and not just be another audible instruments. maybe went too far with those. thanks for listening. ^_^
(10-12-2018, 09:07 PM)kapu Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 05:09 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I just listened to Mix 3. [...]

thanks! tried to keep the melodic guitar out of the way, so went with more ambiguous sound. when the keyboards kick in, i was kind of hoping they would really 'add to the sound', and not just be another audible instruments. maybe went too far with those. thanks for listening. ^_^

I understand. And keep in mind that most of my suggestions aren't so much a critique as something to consider in future mixes. It wasn't bad and there wasn't an obvious 'flaw' but concepts that one could consider and apply to other mixes.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.
Hi Kapu nice but the piano is still too dominant.
Reaper user
(10-12-2018, 10:10 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I understand. And keep [...]

i appreciate your effort. added new version with lower keyboard levels. ^_^
(11-12-2018, 06:04 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kapu nice but the piano is still too dominant.

thanks for listening. just added new version where keyboards are lower. ^_^
Hi Kapu You have tamed the piano on mix4 well done.
Reaper user
(11-12-2018, 05:54 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kapu You have tamed the piano on mix4 well done.

thanks! nice to hear it turned out to be better. ^_^
Hey Kapu
Mix4: Agreed, piano sits nice now.
Sounds Great!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(14-12-2018, 08:50 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Kapu [...]

thanks!
Great mix! He strikes again.