Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stitch Up a la jeff
This one was tough. Hmu with questions/ comments/ concerns. Thanks!

****UPDATE: First revision is up (Stitch Up_320_rev1.mp3). I laid off the effects a bit, and did some transient shaping on the kick & snare to give a little more punch per the comments below.

.mp3    Stitch Up_320.mp3 --  (Download: 8.2 MB)

.mp3    Stitch Up_320_rev1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.23 MB)

Hi Jeff ,
I like your version pretty cool effects a little too wet which is a taste thing.
Thinking while listening the drums and bass could come forward more and a touch more punch Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(10-04-2017, 10:28 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Jeff ,
I like your version pretty cool effects a little too wet which is a taste thing.
Thinking while listening the drums and bass could come forward more and a touch more punch Big Grin
Thanks for giving it a listen. I'm planning on tweaking it a bit, so stay tuned...
PS - did you do a mix of this track?

I agree with thedon. It's a little too effected. I think there's a lot going on and I think a drier vocal would give the listener something to focus on.
I like the bridges(don't know if that's the right name for the section.) but it would a little better with more drum/bass clarity.
It feels pretty compressed. I like the sound of the compression but it's sucking out the dynamics of the song.

Looking forward to the next version.
Cheers.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.
(14-04-2017, 01:48 PM)jeffssoloband Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 10:28 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Jeff ,
Thanks for giving it a listen. I'm planning on tweaking it a bit, so stay tuned...
PS - did you do a mix of this track?
Second version sounds better ,can hear some noise through the song like an amp or to long compression release time ?
A touch more de-essing would be cool before any compression of course !
I am due for a remix last version done almost 3 years ago !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts