Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im Alright Mix 1
hey please check out my mix and let me know what you think. Thank you for your time Smile

.mp3    Im Alright Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.09 MB)

To my ears:

Levels are pretty good. Vocals maybe up a bit.

You've created space with panning -- but could do more with depth (reverbs or delays). If everything sits up the front of the mix then it can be hard to give each instrument its own space.

EQs on the guitars could separate things out a bit better (up around 3-4k and less around 500Hz).
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
Be careful with the 4k on the guitars though. That's where a lot of the harshness on over driven guitars comes through as well.

To my ears, the rhythm guitar needs to come up a bit but the vocals are fine. Watch out for the bass. Getting that good tone is nice but it's not the star of the show. Might want to try to get a little less of the attack and a little more of the fundamental. I think perhaps a tad more kick drum as well. At about 1:53, you might want to bring up that solo line a bit and possibly move it more towards center to make it stand out more.

I agree with the reverb comment as well. This one doesn't need much but a little can help smooth things out and give you a good rounded sound.

It's a good first run here. Keep working!
Old West Audio
thanks a lot guys for your feedback ... will have a go again soon =)