Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte-Fade
Went back and took another stab at this song. (Wasn't about to tap out too early; it's only a 3rd try) Smile. Reigned in the bass as suggested by Roy and eased up the lead guitar with less reverb as suggested by novalix. Still trying to work out the fx as they are always a problem for me. Added a delay to the vocal+guitars to create some space (still trying). Relative to the last mix I think it's a bit clearer and less muddy but afraid that the guitars are a little too loud. Worked on the snare ghost notes trying to make them audible. I am not sure whether I am getting warmer with the mix or wreck it entirely, so any comment on that would help me a great deal. Sometimes I don't hear it right away until it's pointed out (like the bass Roy mentioned and the drowning in reverb of the guitars by novalix) but usually when it's mentioned I pay attention and try to fix it best I can. Tbh, most of the time I'd rather catch it myself but for now I rely on your comments for some guidance. Thanks for the listen.