Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slimy Soul Suckers - The Cross Roads (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My mix of this song. A bit difficult for me to get this to sound as I wanted it. Anyway thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!

New version V2 some changes!

.mp3    Slimy Soul Suckers - The Cross Roads (Hein-Ivan Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 8.85 MB)

.mp3    Slimy Soul Suckers - The Cross Roads (Hein-Ivan Mix) V2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.85 MB)

Yes, you did the entering organ slide justice.
The drums sound really good to my ears especially the Hi-Hat Cool
Digging the slight grid on the bass too.
Not sure about the delay effects on the vocals.

The "Horns" are much too prominent for my taste. I'd rather hear them only slightly underlying the other instruments in those parts where they occur. That is probably just my weird taste.

Cheers.
It doesn't have to sound good to move people - David Byrne
(06-03-2024, 06:19 PM)novalix Wrote: Yes, you did the entering organ slide justice.
The drums sound really good to my ears especially the Hi-Hat  Cool
Digging the slight grid on the bass too.
Not sure about the delay effects on the vocals.

The "Horns" are much too prominent for my taste. I'd rather hear them only slightly underlying the other instruments in those parts where they occur. That is probably just my weird taste.

Cheers.
Hello novalix! Many thanks for the comments. I listen to the track in my car and it sounded OK regarding the "Horns", so I kept it but maybe I'll do another mix later on. Cheers!
New version V2 some changes!
Hi, nice mix!
The mix feels a bit too distorted to my ears, maybe its the limiter on the mixbus or on some separate elements (bass/drums)?
Cheers!
(11-04-2024, 10:26 AM)ERJEE Wrote: Hi, nice mix!
The mix feels a bit too distorted to my ears, maybe its the limiter on the mixbus or on some separate elements (bass/drums)?
Cheers!
Hi ERJEE! Many thanks for the comments. Cheers!