Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retry (David of Audioline Mixing)
Hey everyone so here is my mix, let me know what think about it. Working with these vocals was really painful and i still do not think they are properly adapted to the mix but nevertheless I just released the version so i can have feedback on it.

.mp3    Retry (Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 10.86 MB)

Great start .Glad you cut first intro 8 bars, nice to get into into song. I am just starting to work on this one, yes vocal I found these vocals interesting too.
nice to hear your vocal clear, as reference is swamped with effects and cant hear words clear at all . For my taste the vocal needs to tame back 2k through to 10k the vocal appears to not always sit in the middle of the stereo field ,not sure what effect you are using on you vocal but it is causing phasing issues when summed to mono. the bass riff could be lowered after the intro, this will free up space to focus on other elements in the mix . Furthermore the sub on the kick to much making the song drag.
all Your elements are nice and clear but for me a little to much high passed , I like tracks to sound warmer.
I know you only asked about the vocal.
All the above is sent with encouragement, have fun, and keep on keeping on.
(03-02-2024, 03:37 PM)Rustyruss Wrote: Great start .Glad you cut first intro 8 bars, nice to get into into song. I am just starting to work on this one, yes vocal I found these vocals interesting too.
nice to hear your vocal clear, as reference is swamped with effects and cant hear words clear at all . For my taste the vocal needs to tame back  2k through to 10k the vocal appears to not always sit  in the middle of the stereo field ,not sure what effect you are using on you vocal but it is causing phasing issues when summed to mono.  the bass riff could be lowered after the intro, this will free up space to focus on other elements in the mix . Furthermore the sub on the kick to much  making the song drag.
all Your elements are nice and clear but for me  a little to much high passed , I like tracks to  sound warmer.
I know you only asked about the vocal.
All the above is sent with encouragement, have fun, and keep on keeping on.
Thanks for the feedback, this is really appreciated and i will look further more into these suggestions automating the gain for the bass from section to section and rework on the vox also adjust the sub on the kick to get the mix tighter. Cheers !