Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Constructive Feedback on My Mix of Johnny Lokke’s ‘Promises & Lies’
Hello everyone,

I hope this post finds you all well. I’ve recently worked on a mix of Johnny Lokke’s song, ‘Promises & Lies’. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time trying to bring out the best elements of the song and I’m quite pleased with the result. However, I believe that there’s always room for improvement and learning.

That’s where you come in. I’m posting my mix here in hopes of getting some constructive feedback from this knowledgeable community. Whether you’re a fellow sound engineer, a musician, or simply someone who enjoys music, I value your opinion.

Here are a few specific areas where I’d appreciate your input:

Balance: How well do you think the various elements of the song (vocals, guitar, bass, drums, etc.) balance with each other?
Dynamics: Does the song have a good dynamic range? Are there any parts that you feel are too loud or too soft?
Clarity: Is each instrument clearly audible? Are there any elements that get lost in the mix?
Emotional Impact: Does the mix enhance the emotional impact of the song? Does it do justice to the song’s message and feel?
Please feel free to comment on any other aspects of the mix that stand out to you, whether positive or negative. Your feedback will not only help me improve this mix, but also grow as a sound engineer.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to listen and share your thoughts. I look forward to reading your comments!
[Image: a1327100535_10.jpg]

.mp3    Johnny Lokke\'s \'Promises & Lies\'.mp3 --  (Download: 10.92 MB)

.mp3    Johnny Lokke\'s \'Promises & Lies\' v2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.92 MB)

Hi, IharBild.

Sounds really good. Balance is good, guitars are forward, vocals are solid. Only thing I can think of is the bass. It pokes out a bit in the 100-150 hz region. Perhaps the sublows are a bit overpowering overall. Otherwise really solid, love how the midrange is balanced.
Focusrite Solo | Presonus Eris E5 | Custom box JBL subwoofer | Sennheiser 6XX | Reaper
(13-06-2024, 02:14 PM)sondretski Wrote: Hi, IharBild.

Sounds really good. Balance is good, guitars are forward, vocals are solid. Only thing I can think of is the bass. It pokes out a bit in the 100-150 hz region. Perhaps the sublows are a bit overpowering overall. Otherwise really solid, love how the midrange is balanced.

Thanks a lot! I greatly appreciate your answer. Consequently, I’ve created a new version with a slightly reduced bass and have made some dynamic eq adjustments to the bass guitar in the 100-150 Hz range

.mp3    Johnny Lokke\'s \'Promises & Lies\' v2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.92 MB)