Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Feedback on My Mix of Simplemachine's "Unbroken"
Hello everyone,
I've been working on a mix of Simplemachine's song "Unbroken" and would love to get some constructive criticism and feedback to improve it. There are a few specific issues I'm struggling with, and your expertise would be incredibly valuable to me.

1. Snare Drum Sound: I'm not completely satisfied with the sound of the original snare drum in my mix. It comes across as tiny, muddy and lacks the punch and clarity that I was aiming for. I've tried different EQ and compression techniques but haven't found the right solution yet. Any advice on how to clean up the snare and give it more definition would be greatly appreciated. So, I've replaced it with samples

2. Piano Stereo Channels: The piano is spread across two stereo channels, and I'm not sure if this approach works well in the mix. It feels a bit unclear and possibly distracting. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to handle the piano better in the stereo field or if there's a more effective way to place it in the mix.

3. Vocal Tuning: The vocals were heavily tuned by the person who prepared the multitrack, and as a result, they sound overly processed and lose some of their natural quality. I'm looking for ways to balance the vocals better while preserving their authenticity. Any tips on handling this issue, especially regarding EQ and effects, would be very helpful.

I'm open to feedback on these specific points as well as any other aspects of the mix that stand out to you. Your insights and suggestions will be incredibly helpful in refining this project.

Thank you all in advance for your time and constructive feedback!

.mp3    Simplemachine - Unbroken_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.32 MB)