Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ones and Zeroes - DS - Mix
Hello everyone,
this was a fun one. Still not sure about the vocal level and verb but here we go...
This is my version of "Ones and Zeroes". Please comment Smile

Edit: Updated Mix
Edit2: Updated Mix again ;-)

Cheers,
Andi

.mp3    Simplemachine_OnesAndZeroes_DS_Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.66 MB)

.mp3    Simplemachine_OnesAndZeroes_DS_Mix_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.66 MB)

.mp3    Simplemachine_OnesAndZeroes_DS_Mix_V3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.66 MB)

Really nice mix
I would prefer the lead voice a bit clearer ( maybe some more high end clarity ) and also the kick seems a bit over-powering the mix ( might be that in my mix the kick is the same Smile )
But overall, a nice balanced mix. I really like the effects on spoken words

Cheers
MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Thanks for your feedback! I hope V2's better now...
Great job!

I only listened to V2, and the vocals and kick sounded good to me. I also like the speaker effect on the spoken word parts; makes it sound like they're on a Zoom call.

The only problem I found was the bass overpowering the vocals. I think it might be because you've distorted it quite a lot, so it's affecting higher register parts. That distortion also sounds out of place to me for this song, especially at the beginning where it really sticks out.

Apart from the bass I thought you did a really good job and I enjoyed listening to your mix. Smile
(03-01-2024, 02:32 PM)Judders Wrote: Great job!

I only listened to V2, and the vocals and kick sounded good to me.  I also like the speaker effect on the spoken word parts; makes it sound like they're on a Zoom call.

The only problem I found was the bass overpowering the vocals.  I think it might be because you've distorted it quite a lot, so it's affecting higher register parts.  That distortion also sounds out of place to me for this song, especially at the beginning where it really sticks out.

Apart from the bass I thought you did a really good job and I enjoyed listening to your mix. Smile
Thank you so much for the really helpfull feedback. Glad to hear the songs story benefitted from the effects on the vocals. I dialed back on the distortion on the bass and adjusted the eqs quite a lot. Hope this helps the vocals.

Thanks again,
Andi