Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mikaela Davis & Southern Star - Home In The Country
Hi,

My mix.

Cheers!

Update 1.0: Touch more de-essing on the vocal.

.mp3    Mikaela Davis - Home In The Country.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

.mp3    Mikaela Davis - Home In The Country 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Nice mix. I like everything else and the vibe fits the song, but would personally use a bit more de-esser on vocals.
Hey thanks for checking it out.

To be honest I approached this one a bit differently to how I might usually go about things. I was kind of aiming for giving it the impression of a bit of a lighter touch processing wise. It kind of felt ok at the time, but on reflection I'm not too sure it was entirely successful.

I agree with you that the vocals need a bit more work. I've got bit of time tomorrow so I'll give it a go and spend a bit more time on it. I'll also be sure to check out you mix tomorrow too.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi!

Added mix 1.0 - bit more de-essing on the vocal.

Cheers!
Hi mikej, I'm listening to the second version. Nice vibe. Much better vocals than my version. Good job!
Thanks!