Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte - Too Much
I really liked the song and it's very well recorded, almost the entire mix is done digitally, I've used a lexicon PCM 70 and Gates Sta Level for the vocal and a tube preamp for the bass. The master an SSL compressor and an Ear 822q Pultec style equalizer,

.mp3    FytaKyte - Too Much.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

Compresor de bus SSL, Gates Sta-Level, Dbx 160x, UA 1176, Bae 1073, Lomo Up27, Ear 822Q, IGS Tubecore Mastering Edition, Lexicon PCM 70, Ferrofish A16, SSL Six, Studer Revox B77, Yamaha HS8
I gave the bass quite a bit of distortion from the preamp, but boomy frequencies appeared and I clipped them.

I leave a sample of the Russian preamp from the 60's, the potentiometers cannot be cleaned and when moving them there is a noise. But if they don't move it sounds without noise.

.mp3    Bajo Lomo UP27.mp3 --  (Download: 1.97 MB)

Compresor de bus SSL, Gates Sta-Level, Dbx 160x, UA 1176, Bae 1073, Lomo Up27, Ear 822Q, IGS Tubecore Mastering Edition, Lexicon PCM 70, Ferrofish A16, SSL Six, Studer Revox B77, Yamaha HS8
Hi tete .your mix balance is very good.Loved your placing mix elements .But I wanna hear more mid and low range .Kick drum is like absent.More excited and wider mix may be better Your mix sounds very good.Hope that helps.These're my opinions.Maybe I'm wrong.
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective
Hello Mammy, thanks for the comments.
I wanted to give the bass more bass, but when I raised the sound with the preamp, some annoying frequencies came out and I was too lazy to record it again. That's why the bass sounds thin, because I removed them.
I'll mix it up
Second mix with a little more bass
What do you think now?

.mp3    FytaKyte - Too Much 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

Kick needs more volume. But I like it
Snare sounds killer. Doesn't sound like you replaced the snare. Ill add a bit of top end literally 2.5db on 7.5 to 9k range
First backup vocal to the left sounds weird with too much reverb. Ill suggest set it to the middle and add a mild stereo chorus to make it a little wider.
On the 2nd verse. This is a personal preference. But I muted some of the strings. It ends up sounding less cluttered.
You can add a bit of plate reverb to the verse shaker.(optional)
I hear you added some distortion to the bridge guitars. Ill suggest, remove it and just raise the volume on them with automation. You can also automate stereo panning guitars as much as the song requires.
Dude I like your toms. They need more stereo emphasis, but that's just my taste. I still like them.

The main issue is the kick. Raise the volume of the in/out kick tracks simultaneously. Don't match the faders, just raise their volume. Trust me. You're there my friend.

Before you adjust the kick. Listen to songs similar to this one. I personally listened to Juanes - Es Por Ti. To more or less match the vibe

BTW this comment is in relation to your first track. The first post
The snare sounds good almost alone, a bit of eq, vca compression, reverb and you're done. I always broaden the snare and kick samples a lot so that they coincide, if there is a mic further away than the other the samples are at a different tempo and lose punch, apart from that, you can see if any wave is upside down and change it, so that they are in phase .
I have rendered almost all the tracks because the plugins I usually use consume a lot of memory. I can't remove the distortion. The reverbs if I can change them.
I'll try the kick thing
I'll take your advice Rick and change it.
(05-06-2023, 10:03 PM)tete Wrote: I'll take your advice Rick and change it.
For sure my friend. I'll suggest, take it easy. Listen to songs that might give the same vibe and adjust accordingly. Regarding the first track, you're almost there
Regards Rick

I leave the track of the snare processed

.mp3    FytaKyte - Snare.mp3 --  (Download: 8.25 MB)