Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Doppler Shift - Atrophy
I mixed this track "in the box" using Pro Tools 10 with a combination of both stock and Waves plugins. I would be interested in your feedback to help improve my mixing process. Thank you in advance.

.mp3    Jeff S. Mix - The Doppler Shift -Atrophy.mp3 --  (Download: 12.33 MB)

What is this ? Why everything sounds like you are outside and the band is playing inside ? I do not have any of Waves plugins. All I use are the ones that came with DAW I use, and I get good results with them. I will recommend you to read Recording Revolution.com and to see 5 minutes to a better mix. I learned a lot from theese things.
(05-04-2015, 08:58 PM)Obelix Wrote: What is this ? Why everything sounds like you are outside and the band is playing inside ? I do not have any of Waves plugins. All I use are the ones that came with DAW I use, and I get good results with them. I will recommend you to read Recording Revolution.com and to see 5 minutes to a better mix. I learned a lot from theese things.

I'd suggest putting your "mix where your mouth is" Obelix. I enjoyed JS's mix. But what do I know, I only get paid professionally to mix in Nashville. Also I proof read my comments before submitting which apparently makes me "unreliable."