Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Feedback on My Mix of “I’m Alright” by Angels In Amplifiers
Hello everyone,

I hope this post finds you well. I’ve recently worked on a mix of the song “I’m Alright” by Angels In Amplifiers and I would love to get your feedback on it.

Music has always been a passion of mine and I’ve spent a considerable amount of time trying to perfect this mix. I believe that constructive criticism and diverse perspectives can greatly help me improve.

When listening, if you could pay special attention to the following areas, I would greatly appreciate it:

Balance: How well do you think the different elements in the track work together? Is there a particular part that stands out or gets lost in the mix?
Dynamics: How is the variation in volume throughout the song? Does it maintain your interest and evoke the right emotions?
Frequency Range: Does the mix fill the spectrum appropriately? Are the lows, mids, and highs all present and clear?
Panorama: How is the stereo image? Does the mix make good use of the stereo field?
Interest and Appeal: Overall, does the mix engage you and hold your interest from start to finish?
Please feel free to provide any additional comments or feedback you may have. All input, whether positive or negative, is welcome as long as it’s constructive and respectful.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to listen and provide feedback. I look forward to reading your comments!

Best regards, Ihar

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 7.08 MB)

(10-06-2024, 04:23 PM)IharBild Wrote: Hello everyone,
I hope this post finds you well. I’ve recently worked on a mix of the song “I’m Alright” by Angels In Amplifiers and I would love to get your feedback on it.
Music has always been a passion of mine and I’ve spent a considerable amount of time trying to perfect this mix. I believe that constructive criticism and diverse perspectives can greatly help me improve.
When listening, if you could pay special attention to the following areas, I would greatly appreciate it:
Balance: How well do you think the different elements in the track work together? Is there a particular part that stands out or gets lost in the mix?
Dynamics: How is the variation in volume throughout the song? Does it maintain your interest and evoke the right emotions?
Frequency Range: Does the mix fill the spectrum appropriately? Are the lows, mids, and highs all present and clear?
Panorama: How is the stereo image? Does the mix make good use of the stereo field?
Interest and Appeal: Overall, does the mix engage you and hold your interest from start to finish?
Please feel free to provide any additional comments or feedback you may have. All input, whether positive or negative, is welcome as long as it’s constructive and respectful.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to listen and provide feedback. I look forward to reading your comments!
Best regards, Ihar
Hey Ihar,
thanks for posting!  Here are my thoughts:

Balance and dynamics: I like these aspects of your mix the most. It is well balanced and the dynamics are cohesive and energetic. A small nitpick for me is that the cymbals seem a bit loud.
Frequency Range: The smooth highs and mids are great. The bass, as well as the bass instrument, could be a bit louder in my opinion. The song and your mix remind me of Santana's Smooth. Maybe check out how the bass is integrated there?

Panorama: Nice!
Interest and appeal: I always love creative ideas like the vocal delay, it works very well here. My personal preference would be for the delay to be muted during the small breaks in the music (at 0:33 for example).

Overall, I really enjoyed your mix!

Cheers,
Lukas Angel
Hello Lukas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to my mix and for your detailed feedback. I really appreciate your comments.

Your point about the cymbals being a bit loud and the bass needing a bit more volume is well taken. I will definitely revisit these aspects in my mix. Also, your suggestion about muting the delay during the small breaks in the music is something I hadn’t considered, but I can see how it could enhance the overall effect. I’ll experiment with that.

I’m also intrigued by your comparison to Santana’s “Smooth”. I’ll certainly check out how the bass is integrated in that song for reference.

The file below has some improvements from your post

Once again, thank you for your constructive criticism. It’s feedback like yours that helps me improve my mixing skills.

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright v2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)