Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte Fade mix alex
My mix

.mp3    FytaKyte Fade mix alex.mp3 --  (Download: 11.49 MB)

My first reaction to your mix was a smile! Great character. Thank you. I think I could deal with more top end on your interesting drums. I find myself wanting to hear them more clearly. They feel hidden. Don't hide them. Big Grin This may affect the guitar mix in phrases later in the arrangement, however. I also think your vocals could be brought forward more without losing the character of your approach, especially in the verses where the intimacy of his delivery is more important in my opinion. After all is said and done, this is another really good and interesting listen. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(11-03-2024, 09:48 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: My first reaction to your mix was a smile! Great character. Thank you. I think I could deal with more top end on your interesting drums. I find myself wanting to hear them more clearly. They feel hidden. Don't hide them. Big Grin This may affect the guitar mix in phrases later in the arrangement, however. I also think your vocals could be brought forward more without losing the character of your approach, especially in the verses where the intimacy of his delivery is more important in my opinion. After all is said and done, this is another really good and interesting listen. Well done.
Thanks for the feedback, I’m on tour now, I’ll come back and make another option
V2 Thanks [b]Mixinthecloud[/b]

.mp3    FytaKyte Fade mix alex V2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.49 MB)

nice choice or drum sample replacement, for me the only thing that sounds a bit strange is the delay between samples and hi hats closed and opened they sound doubled, also there is phase issues on the cymbals. nice sounding lead vocal.
and nice balance between main instrumental break; but something going on with bass that has made the definition go; is there distortion on this?
overall I like this nice and solid I like you guitar tones and nice blend.
well done .
(24-03-2024, 03:10 PM)Rustyruss Wrote: nice choice or drum sample replacement, for me the only thing that sounds a bit strange is the delay between samples and hi hats closed and opened they sound doubled, also there is phase issues on the cymbals. nice sounding lead vocal.
and nice balance between  main instrumental break; but something going on with bass that has made the definition go; is there distortion on this?
overall I like this nice and solid I like you guitar tones and nice blend.
well done .
Thanks for the feedback,added some chorus and cabinet on the bass guitar.
Hi! I just listened to V2. Your mix sound very solid to me. The only thing that bothered me is the kick drum, which sounds too prominent/ boxy to me (especially int he quieter parts)
hmm, maybe also the bass guitar does something in this..

Cheers!
(26-03-2024, 09:05 AM)ERJEE Wrote: Hi! I just listened to V2. Your mix sound very solid to me. The only thing that bothered me is the kick drum, which sounds too prominent/ boxy to me (especially int he quieter parts)
hmm, maybe also the bass guitar does something in this..

Cheers!
Thanks for the feedback!I think I overdid it with the bass