Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
FytaKyte_Fade
Here is a first version of the mix; 
your every comment is welcome.

Cheers

.mp3    FytaKyte_Fade.mp3 --  (Download: 11.48 MB)

the mix is totally in my taste
well done
Overall, a very good mix. My only real issue is the snare. I like the environment you created around, but it feels like it is taking up too much space in the stereo field. I would consider narrowing the effect and maybe sending that return off to another bigger verb with a wide spread. It is hiding other really nice ear candy in the same space. A minor point, but it is the only thing that detracts from a rather good listen for me. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(11-03-2024, 05:52 PM)vovolan Wrote: the mix is totally in my taste
well done

Hi, I'm very happy to hear that you like it.

I also made another version that I posted this morning.

I'd love what you think.

Thanks and greetings
(11-03-2024, 06:15 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Overall, a very good mix. My only real issue is the snare. I like the environment you created around, but it feels like it is taking up too much space in the stereo field. I would consider narrowing the effect and maybe sending that return off to another bigger verb with a wide spread. It is hiding other really nice ear candy in the same space. A minor point, but it is the only thing that detracts from a rather good listen for me.  Well done.

Hello and thanks for your feedback, in fact the snare drum bothered me too, I made another version which you can listen to in the forum. If you like, give it a listen and I'd like to know what you think. Thank you very much and best regards
(11-03-2024, 06:20 PM)Muzak Wrote:
(11-03-2024, 06:15 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Overall, a very good mix. My only real issue is the snare. I like the environment you created around, but it feels like it is taking up too much space in the stereo field. I would consider narrowing the effect and maybe sending that return off to another bigger verb with a wide spread. It is hiding other really nice ear candy in the same space. A minor point, but it is the only thing that detracts from a rather good listen for me.  Well done.

Hello and thanks for your feedback, in fact the snare drum bothered me too, I made another version which you can listen to in the forum. If you like, give it a listen and I'd like to know what you think. Thank you very much and best regards
Not sure I'm listening to your newest mix, Muzak (keeping versions helps compare...), however, I find myself wanting the snare environment envelope either shorter or longer. The length isn't quite fitting yet. As a result, it is distracting my ear away from the flow of the song and the lyric. It sounds great but the musicality of it is off, in my ears.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(11-03-2024, 09:54 PM)Thanks, I share your thoughts. The music speaks for itself :-)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(11-03-2024, 06:20 PM)Muzak Wrote:

Not sure I'm listening to your newest mix, Muzak (keeping versions helps compare...), however, I find myself wanting the snare environment envelope either shorter or longer. The length isn't quite fitting yet. As a result, it is distracting my ear away from the flow of the song and the lyric. It sounds great but the musicality of it is off, in my ears.